GDPR, Data Privacy, and Hello Talent
Next year, on 25 May, a new data privacy law called the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will go into effect. This privacy law has been created by the European Union and applies not only to EU countries, but also to EU citizens globally, regardless of what persons or organizations are using their data or where they are based.
There are a lot of questions about this law and how it will impact HR professionals. To learn more about this you can download a free whitepaper from Talentsoft.
This law will impact Hello Talent as well. As such, we’re already hard at work on creating several new features to ensure you’ll be fully compliant as of 25 May, 2018.
Here are some of the points we’re building new features to address:
- Data Processing Consent – You’ll be able to set up automated opt-in consent requests to be sent to individuals you want to add to your talent pools.
- Data Ownership – Candidates will be able to view the basic details (name, email, etc.) that are being stored about them through a unique web page and change or remove this data.
- Right to Be Forgotten – Candidates can request to have all their data removed completely.
- Data Breach Process – In the event of a data breach you’ll be able to quickly and easily notify all candidates within the legally required 48 hour window.
- Security and Data Confidentiality – Hello Talent uses EU based servers with the most current security features.
- Backups – All data is backed up on EU servers as well
Our team is having regular meetings with legal experts to ensure full compliance with this law. More details about how feature updates will work will be released in the coming months.
Have questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com.